BGAN 510 firmware upgrade3 October, 2018
Please be informed that a new software version 1.04 has been released for the BGAN Explorer 510.
This version introduces updated features – including a new feature set similar to the EXPLORER 540 M2M terminal.
MEDIUM: It is recommended to apply this change /initiative next time the
system(s) is inspected.
Changes from software version 1.03 to version 1.04:
Terminal Watchdog (TWD)
– With a scheduled interval, the TWD will perform a terminal health check. The TWD verifies:
o Valid System Time
o Valid position
o Attachment to BGAN network
o Successful TWD initiated PDP setup
o Successful ping response via TWD initiated PDP (optional)
Non-Inmarsat BGAN SIM cards
– Support for Non-Inmarsat BGAN SIM cards in the terminal.
- – Support for M2M SMS and AT commands similar to the EXPLORER 540.
– Note the following limitations:
- o The BGAN Explorer 510 does not support M2M BGAN SIM cards.
o The BGAN Explorer 510 does not support OTA SW upgrade from the Inmarsat FUP server, but 3rd party
FTP server is supported.
o The BGAN Explorer 510 does not support M2M Power Save and corresponding wake-up functions
SMS messages controlled by the AT shell
Updated status for PPPoE controlled PDP
- – The Web interface and Local display will now show status for PPPoE controlled PDPs.
Updated status for AT-cmd controlled PDP
– The Web interface and Local display will now show status for AT-cmd controlled PDPs.
Updates to the Web interface
– Minor updates to the Web interface; New “Advanced LAN” tile and some updates to tile names
Cellular data sessions logged
- – Cellular data sessions are included in the call log and the total counters.
Faster HDR start-up
– The HDR function has been updated to ensure maximum bandwidth shortly after the HDR
PDP is established
Pointing Sound volume control
- – Pointing sound volume setting in Web Terminal settings.
Important Bug fixes:
Applying repeated AT commands without a delay could cause the terminal to reboot.
You can find the update here.