Thuraya Policies Update11 April, 2019
1) Launch of New Tariff: Thuraya Country-Plus Tariff
New prepaid and postpaid tariffs are being introduced for selected countries in a new Country-Plus zone with very attractive allowances for onnet calls and in-country calls.
These tariffs will be available from 10th April, 2019.
For every renewal, the same terms and conditions will apply.
*Maximum possible minutes if all Country-Plus Zone calls are made to a particular group.
2) New Prepay top-up validity & expiry of old balances
Currently the Thuraya top-up balance is valid as long as the SIM card is in an active state and it remains active as long as there is enough balance for annual renewal fee. From 1st April 2019, the validity of the top-up balance will be as per the following table:
These validities will be applicable for all the top-ups that are performed from 1st April, i.e. the total account balance validity of any customer who tops up from 1st April will be updated as per the new policy. For example, if a customer has USD 10 balance and tops up USD 20 on 1st April 2019, the total balance will be USD 30 with expiry date of 31st March 2020.
For all customers, whose last top-up is more than 2 years old and haven’t performed any activity in the last one year, their account balance will expire as follows:
• The account balance of customers whose last top up was more than 2 year ago and have not performed any activity* during last one year, will expire according to the following schedule:
• For customers who topped up between 5th March 2017 and 31st March 201 and do not perform any top-up before 31st Dec 2019, their balance will expire by 31st March 2020:
In case of any top-up by the above customers after 31st March 2019, the new top-up validity will apply and the balance expiry will follow the new rules.
* Activity: any customer generated activity pertaining to either outgoing Voice call, outgoing SMS, GmPRS.
3) Changes to NOVA
Effective 10th April 2019, the following changes shall apply to Prepay NOVA:
a) Prepay NOVA changes:
These price changes will be applicable to existing customers as well as to new activations/reserved SIMs.
b) Zone change:
Currently, Mali is part of the Zone E countries (NOVA). Effective 10th April 2019, Mali will be moved from the NOVA zone to the Standard Zone (applicable for Prepay and Postpay).
4) Changes to Standard Prepay Price Plans
Effective 1st April 2019, the following change will be applicable to the Standard Prepay price plans: